Connected to WiFi but my computer doesn't register that I'm on the internet.

bethpollock

Hi,

I bought a PC from PCS in 2021 and it's been working great up until a few months ago where I've been having an issue where my PC randomly started to show as "Not Connected" on my WiFi connection (and showing the little globe with a stop sign) even though I can use my internet freely, as I am here typing this. It hasn't been much of an issue until I noticed some certain apps and features in Windows require the PC to be on the internet recognizably (EA, network troubleshoot etc) which has proved incredibly annoying to deal with as I just want to play some games through EA.

I've spent about a total of 15 hours attempting to fix this over the course of four sit-down sessions, and nothing has worked. I will list a few bits I've tried before, if I worded a few wrong I apologise,

Reset ip
Reset ipv4 + changed its settings (reverted it back after)
Manually changed dns (reverted it back after)
Full network reset
Deleted any VPNs
Disabled all firewalls and reenabled
Cache flush (DNS)
Winsock reset
Resinstalled drivers
Updated drivers (including my network adapter)
Went in to network setup, changed settings (reverted it back after)
Run diagnostics check on my entire network
Connected on a different frequency
Safe boot

If someone could help me I'd appreciate it more than you could imagine - though please do not suggest anything I've already listed, INCLUDING network troubleshooting, as that doesn't work if your PC doesn't recognize that you're on the internet. Thanks!
I'd also like to mention that it is NOT a router problem or a problem with my WiFi itself, as I bounce between my normal WiFi and my phone's hotspot and I experience the exact same problem every time I do that. I am almost certain it is something to do with my firewalls or settings in my PC or even something physical within the PC itself, although I'm open to suggestions (please!!)

I'm not sure if its my drivers being out of date or the WiFi adapter itself being dodgy now either. I currently have Realtek RTL8192EE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC. Nothing is wrong with the antennae or anything physically that I can see, however I'm not a PC whizz so I don't know if it's actually something external or internal.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR